One of the best methods of attaching strain gages to a substrate is with a thermal sprayed bond coat of ceramic oxide. This is achieved with a Rokide Ceramic Spray System that utilizes ceramic oxide rods to spray the bond coating.
HPI is an authorized re-seller of the Rokide Ceramic Spray System manufactured by Saint-Gobain.
Features of the Rokide Flame Spray System with Electric Motor Drive
- Rokide Ceramic Spray System offers a rugged, dependable unit that features an easy to use pushbutton operation.
- The Rokide system uses an oxygen-acetylene flame to melt the consumable. On/off switches, conveniently located on the spray unit control the electric drive motor and gases.
- Accommodates 3/16″ (4.75 mm), 1/4″ (6.35 mm) and 5/16” (7.94 mm) diameter Rokide rods and can easily convert to accept 3/16″ (4.75 mm) diameter flexible continuous cords.
- Rokide rods and flexible cords are available in many ceramic compositions allowing our coatings engineers and customers to choose the most appropriate formulation for a specific application.
- Spraying of Flexible Cords can give existing Rokide users the added capability of spraying WC ( Tungsten Carbide ) coatings and achieving continuous feed for higher volume projects.
- The Rokide system is very portable; coating applications in both jobshop and field operation are possible without difficulty.
- The Stage II electric motor permits ease of operation, precise rod/cord speed control and improved production and lower costs. The motor can be activated at the spray unit giving the operator complete control. Motor converts automatically to international input voltage and frequencies.